The editors are pleased to consider manuscripts on a wide range of topics related to the Journal’s mission. All manuscripts and corresponding materials/documents must be submitted through our online submission system at:
If you have questions or wish to speak to an editor, please email Christina Mattina (email@example.com)
Submissions generally fall into one of the following content categories. Due to space limitations in the printed journal, we must enforce strict limits on the overall length of articles.
- Original Research: <3000 words (excluding abstract, references, tables, etc). These should contain no more than 5 combined graphic elements (tables/figures) and no more than 50 references. Supplemental data (extra tables, figures, or appendices) will be made available at www.ajmc.com at the time of publication.
- Review Articles: <3000 words, should present a thorough synthesis of the literature and offer new insights and/or recommendations on how to improve the standard of care. These should contain no more than 5 graphic elements and no more than 50 references.
- Insights: <1500-word opinion pieces, usually solicited from recognized thought leaders that discuss pertinent and sometimes controversial issues in healthcare. These should contain no more than 2 graphic elements and no more than 30 references.
- Reform Trends: <2000 words, should provide descriptive data or case analysis of current trends in the healthcare system. These reports should contain no more than 2 graphic elements and no more than 30 references.
- Editorials: <1000 words, are solicited to accompany key articles and either extend or offer opposing perspectives on a specific subject.
- Letters: <500 words, are published as space allows. These should contain no more than 1 table or figure and cite no more than 6 references.