• Center on Health Equity and Access
  • Clinical
  • Health Care Cost
  • Health Care Delivery
  • Insurance
  • Policy
  • Technology
  • Value-Based Care

AJMC® in the Press, February 10, 2017


Coverage of our peer-reviewed research in the healthcare and mainstream press.

A Pharmacy Times article, “Childhood Vaccinations: It’s Not About Manufacturer Profit,” discussed the findings of a study in the January 2017 issue of The American Journal of Managed Care® (AJMC®). The research found that vaccinating children born in the United States in 2009 will generate $184 billion in net social value and save 1.2 million quality-adjusted life-years. As the Pharmacy Times article emphasized, vaccine manufacturers “accrued 2% of total value in the form of gross profits” while “society as a whole retained the other 98%.”

A recent commentary in Peritoneal Dialysis, “Racial Disparity in Access to Home Therapies — We Have the Power to Change,” cited an AJMC® study that could help explain the “nationwide underrepresentation of African American/Hispanic patients on home hemodialysis.” The research, titled “Effects of Physician Payment Reform on Provision of Home Dialysis,” found that dialysis in centers has become more lucrative than home dialysis.

AJMC® newsroom content was included in 2 of the National Pharmaceutical Council’s daily e-newsletters this week. On Monday, it mentioned “ICER’s Updated Value Framework Open for Public Comment,” an article by Surabhi Dangi-Garimella, PhD, about the framework recently released by the Institute for Clinical and Economic Research, as well as “5 Key Highlights From the AcademyHealth National Health Policy Conference,” also written by Dangi-Garimella. On Thursday, the newsletter featured an AJMC® video interview in which Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, discussed how to reduce administrative burdens in the move to value-based care.

Related Videos
Andrew Srisuwananukorn, MD
Dr Jennifer Brown
Related Content
© 2023 MJH Life Sciences
All rights reserved.